Caged Puppy

Caged Puppy

Workout Tracker

  • Current Weight 225
  • Gym Time 1.5 hours per weekday

Monday, November 15, 2010

A New Puppy Brother... Perhaps...



..It was going to be a fun weekend, I could tell from the messages and talks Sir had had with me over the previous week.  I was going to have another pup visiting this weekend and Wetsuit Jay and Rubberasylum and i were going to have a talk, this was going to be a special visit, one where we all would discuss the possibility of having the visiting puppy become a brother to me. 

Sir and i had discussed it a small bit during the past week, Him telling me that he didn't want to upset me in any way by asking if i would have any reservations on this, telling me that He wasn't trying to replace me in any way, he wanted me to be happy and our visitor to be happy also with this decision, whatever the outcome might be. 

Rubberasylum was not home yet, and after i said my hellos to Wetsuit Jay and the pup i excused myself to go shower and get into my pup gear before Rubberasylum got home.   Sir came home just as i was getting into the shower, walking into the bathroom to give me a big hug. It was nice to see him again, i had been looking forward to seeing him all week. I told him as much

*wags*.

After showering i got into my pupgear and went out to be with my family. It was nice to lay down on the floor and just be with them, every once in a while feeling a hand or a foot brush over my body as they talked and watched TV.  The visiting pup was asked why he wasn't in gear. With that he was off, grinning to get suited up. 

Soon after there he was, another puppy laying beside me.  It didn't take long before we were both playing,  barking at each other, wrestling around on the floor.  Wetsuit Jay went and got steaks off the grill while we played. Sir called to us telling us to set the table for supper, letting us out of our hoods and paws.  We did our best, only forgetting a few things like salad tongs and such. 

It was an excellent meal, Wetsuit Jay is a pro at cooking on the grill and Rubberasylum is a Master in the kitchen.  We enjoyed good conversation and each others company ate, us 2 pups cleaning off the table when we finished, a pups life has chores also but its well worth it to make the ones you call your family feel you appreciate them for everything they do.

After doing dishes and cleaning up with the other pups help we went to watch a movie, both of us back in our puppygear, being allowed to be on the furniture even! 

We were told the next morning we would be going off to the cabin for the rest of the weekend and that we would have 2 visitors coming for supper also while we were there.  This was fun news to hear.  As we sat down and got comfortable, Sir brought up a serious question to me and our visiting puppy. 

Rufus was sitting with me as Sir asked him if he would like to be a part of our family also, to be a brother to me and become a part of the family.  I think Rufus was a bit shocked to hear this, he stopped and then lunged forward, giving Rubberasylum a huge hug, nodding and whimpering happily. 

I tried to be good,, sitting there but couldn't hold back as i hugged my new puppy brother, nuzzling and pawing at him, letting him go so he could go hug Wetsuit Jay also, the true Alpha of the family.  I was thrilled to have a brother, another puppy to be able to frolic with and share the amazing things that happen.  I was thrilled that Rufus accepted the offer! 

We all enjoyed a mellow night of movies before heading off to bed. Sir let Rufus come along also and we all settled down to catch some sleep before our excursion the next day, only a little bit of playful pawing and such between us 2 puppies before Sir told us to settle down or go to the kennel.

I woke up to find Sir had made coffee and i whimpered to be let out of my paws and hood.  Sir has told me i should never remove any of my gear without his approval, especially my paws and hood.  Only he should do that, period.  He let me out, telling me to get my things together also for the trip, also saying to grab a few things from the playroom. 

Rufus and i went to do our errands, running around the house getting things packed up and as soon as everything was in the car we were off.  We stopped at a few thrift stores on the way to the ferry and Rufus found a small wolf he wanted.  He didn't have any cash on him so Wetsuit Jay let him borrow 2 dollars to pay the man selling the wolftoy. As we all walked away Rufus Gave him a big hug, making the guy and others watching laugh playfully.  Rufus had his wolf dolly 

*grins*. 

Rufus took his wolf everywhere with him after that.

We made it to the cabin, unpacked and then were ordered back into our puppygear, allowed to play until it was time for our guests to arrive. 

Sir cooked with us 2 pups helping where we could and after a very nice meal we all retired to the living room to talk to the pup and his mate.  Moosepup lived on the same island we were on, and we talked a bit, getting to know the two of them, Rufus and i rolling around on the floor barking and playing in between answering questions with nods and yips, our guests getting to know Wetsuit Jay and Sir a bit better.  The rest of the night was spent hot tubbing and talking, Rufus and i allowed to wear wetsuits in the tub as we all got to know each other better.

To be continued....

~Rottie

1 comment:

  1. wwuuff!! how wonderful to have a pup-brother: i can't wait to hear the rest of the weekend's activities :D

    ReplyDelete