Caged Puppy

Caged Puppy

Workout Tracker

  • Current Weight 225
  • Gym Time 1.5 hours per weekday

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

It was a dark and stormy night.... 
Oh wait, that's another doggies stating line.  Work ended Wednesday and I had to head back to my house before leaving for Wetsuit Jays and Rubberasylums place. 

A nice long weekend with them and company was to come. 

I talked to my Master for a bit as I waited for time to pass.  I wished him a happy Thanksgiving even though he is in Canada, telling him I hoped the weekend found him enjoying his time.  I love him so much.  He chatted with me until traffic let up a bit and I left but not before telling him I missed feeling him holding me in his arms.

It took a bit of time with traffic and such, people afraid of snow along the journey plus holiday travellers but I made it to find Romperpup meeting me at the door giving me a big hug as I walked inside the door. 

Sir met me with his beaming smile welcoming me back along with Wetsuit Jay giving me a hug.  I ran downstairs soon after and got my shower getting into my puppygear as Sir told me returning to the group upstairs to settle down for a quiet evening of cuddles and movies. 

Tomorrow was going to be a busy day with others heading over for dinner.  In the group we would have Moosepup and his partner and Rufus along with Dizzy, a friend of Rufus'.  Also coming would be Sparky and his partner Damian.  There would be a full house to celebrate a fun Thanksgiving.
   
The morning came too soon as Sir woke me.  There was so much to do before everyone would show up.  The kitchen was a blur of activity with Wetsuit Jay manning the turkey and sweet potatoes, Rubberasylum taking care of the other dinner items.  Stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies, the list goes on. 

Romper and I tried to help as best we could, cleaning up, setting the table and greeting friends as they came to the door.  Six p.m. rolled around and we all sat down to a wonderful meal.  It was awesome being surrounded by such a neat group of like minded friends enjoying their company as we ate. 

Everyone ate their fill and relaxed for a bit afterwards before heading to the living room with Sir telling Romper, Rufus and me to clean everything up.  A pups work is never done *grins*.  We set to our task with smiles on our faces.  A group of puppies can make any situation fun.
   

After cleaning and making sure the kitchen was cleaned we went to the living room with the others.  After a little bit Sir said we should get our pupgear back on.  None of us wasted any time as we headed off to wherever we had our things at!  Soon enough the group of pups were playing and wresting around. 

Moosepup joined in when he saw Rufus and I playing.  We all spent hours with each other, our Sirs looking over at times smiling and laughing as we wrestled and barked playing on the floor.  Moose had never gotten to be with other puppies and he had a great time!  I think we wore him out! 

Dizzy joined in with us also.  Hes a kitty, this gave us a perfect "enemy"!  All of us attacked him when he joined into the group.  Three pups can overpower a kitty we found out and soon after he was meowing for help as we tickled and held him down. 

Rufus and Dizzy play quite a bit.  The kitty is the dominant one, but I am sure Rufus enjoyed having puppy helpers holding down his "foe" as he gave him a bit of a payback at least for a little bit!  Even I finally had to stop frolicking.  I was beat from all the playing!  Sir patted his leg letting me up onto the couch next to him telling me to lay down. 

I crawled up and laid my head on his leg feeling him pet over my head as we watched television.  I drifted off for a little bit completely content.  Moosepup and Rufus were snuggled with their Sirs also.  It was a great day. 

Puppy friends over, Wetsuit Jay and Rubberasylum creating an amazing meal for everyone that came over.  They both certainly take of me.  I am a lucky pup to be surrounded by ones who love me!

To be continued,

Rottie

No comments:

Post a Comment